The OCNZ Executive, COA and the organisers of the National Seminar Weekend have been closely watching developments of the Covid-19 situation and what impact, if any, it may have on the Seminar and AGM weekend.
As you will be aware the NZ Government has put controls in place to minimise the spread of Covid-19 in our community. At the time of writing we are lucky that there has been very few confirmed cases but we should be prepared for it “just in case”. With that in mind OCNZ will make a decision at the end of April whether to go ahead with the seminar.
David Banks, our invited guest from Australia, will happily go along with our decision whichever way it goes. This date will give registrants enough time to cancel their accommodation and to receive a refund should the seminar be cancelled. If the event has to be cancelled registrants will receive a full refund of the registration fee. It has also been decided to extend the early bird registration to May 10 so no one is disadvantaged.
If the AGM has to be cancelled an extraordinary postal ballot or a small meeting can be held, we have up to the end of June to hold the AGM.
Judges please do register, Societies please nominate your delegate(s) and don’t forget to submit your nominations for Council which need to be with the OCNZ Secretary by April 15. We will keep you informed of any changes but if you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
– Margaret Lomas, OCNZ president