SPECIAL NOTICE IN RELATION TO COVID-19: As of March 12, 2021 all of New Zealand is at Covid-19 Alert Level 1. Please observe the requirements as outlined on the official website. Please see the News & Events page and contact societies directly for any enquiries. We will continue to note cancellations as notified to us.
The Orchid Council of New Zealand is a federation of independent, autonomous, orchid societies throughout New Zealand. It is a registered incorporated society, and it is also a registered charity. The principal objectives of OCNZ include:
- Promoting and encouraging the study, cultivation and conservation of orchids
- Giving information and education about orchid culture
- Advancing the development of orchid growing as a recreational activity for young and old
- Maintaining procedures and standards for judging and awarding superior forms of orchid species and hybrids and superior culture of orchid plants
- Promoting national and international orchid conferences and exhibitions
- Promoting the conservation of New Zealand native orchids
- Acting as a Heritage Protection Authority in respect of the Iwitahi native orchid reserve.
Certain OCNZ annual reports are available under the NEWS tab.