SPECIAL NOTICES IN RELATION TO COVID-19 as at March 17, 2020
1. Queen’s Birthday weekend 2020 Seminar and AGM Update 21-03-2020: BOTH EVENTS CANCELLED – see Shows & Events page
2. Advice to Orchid Societies generally
Welcome to the website of the Orchid Council of New Zealand Incorporated.
Special thanks to Pub Charity Limited for their grant to OCNZ to assist with the printing of the yearbook Orchids 2019.
- About OCNZ
- Postal address
- Contact us
The Orchid Council of New Zealand is a federation of independent, autonomous, orchid societies throughout New Zealand. It is a registered incorporated society, and it is also a registered charity.
The principal objects of OCNZ include:
- promoting and encouraging the study, cultivation and conservation of orchids,
- giving information and education about orchid culture;
- advancing the development of orchid growing as a recreational activity for young and old alike;
- maintaining procedures and standards for judging and awarding superior forms of orchid species and hybrids and superior culture of orchid plants;
- promoting national and international orchid conferences and exhibitions;
- promoting the conservation of New Zealand native orchids;
- acting as a Heritage Protection Authority in respect of the Iwitahi native orchid reserve.
|Executive (from 22/09/2019):|
|President:||Margaret Lomas (Whangarei)
|Vice-Presidents:||Glenys MacRae (Waitakere)
Allan Rae (Manawatu)
|Secretary:||Jeanette Hewer (Waikato)
|Treasurer:||Chris Hubbert (North Shore)
|Committee:||Joy Hopson (Taranaki)
Gillian Lyster (Nelson)
Keith Smart (Waikato)
Bryan Sutherland (Taranaki)
Anton Wehman (Howick)
|Postal Address:||3338 Ohaupo Road
R D 2 Hamilton 3282
|OCNZ Facebook page:||click here
(You will need your own Facebook account and login.)