SPECIAL NOTICE IN RELATION TO COVID-19 as at 11 June 2020
Now that the country has come down to covid alert level 1, many scheduled orchid events for later in the year may now be able to proceed. Please see SHOWS & EVENTS page and contact societies directly for any enquiries. We will continue to note cancellations as notified to us.
Certain OCNZ annual reports are available under the NEWS tab.
Welcome to the website of the Orchid Council of New Zealand Incorporated.
- About OCNZ
- Postal address
- Contact us
The Orchid Council of New Zealand is a federation of independent, autonomous, orchid societies throughout New Zealand. It is a registered incorporated society, and it is also a registered charity.
The principal objects of OCNZ include:
- promoting and encouraging the study, cultivation and conservation of orchids,
- giving information and education about orchid culture;
- advancing the development of orchid growing as a recreational activity for young and old alike;
- maintaining procedures and standards for judging and awarding superior forms of orchid species and hybrids and superior culture of orchid plants;
- promoting national and international orchid conferences and exhibitions;
- promoting the conservation of New Zealand native orchids;
- acting as a Heritage Protection Authority in respect of the Iwitahi native orchid reserve.
|Executive (from 31/05/2020):|
|President:||Margaret Lomas (Whangarei)
|Vice-Presidents:||Glenys MacRae (Waitakere)
Allan Rae (Manawatu)
|Secretary:||Bryan Sutherland (Taranaki)
|Treasurer:||Chris Hubbert (North Shore)
|Committee:||Joy Hopson (Taranaki)
Gillian Lyster (Nelson)
Penny Moore (Canterbury)
Sandra Simpson (Tauranga)
Keith Smart (Waikato)
|Postal Address:||70b Ngamotu Road
New Plymouth 4310
|OCNZ Facebook page:||click here
(You will need your own Facebook account and login.)