SPECIAL NOTICE IN RELATION TO COVID-19: All of New Zealand is at Covid-19 Alert Level 1. Please observe the requirements as outlined on the official website. Please see the News & Events page and contact societies directly for any enquiries. We will continue to note cancellations as notified to us.
The Orchid Council of New Zealand is a federation of independent, autonomous, orchid societies throughout New Zealand. It is a registered incorporated society, and it is also a registered charity. The principal objectives of OCNZ include:
- Promoting and encouraging the study, cultivation and conservation of orchids
- Giving information and education about orchid culture
- Advancing the development of orchid growing as a recreational activity for young and old
- Maintaining procedures and standards for judging and awarding superior forms of orchid species and hybrids and superior culture of orchid plants
- Promoting national and international orchid conferences and exhibitions
- Promoting the conservation of New Zealand native orchids
- Acting as a Heritage Protection Authority in respect of the Iwitahi native orchid reserve.
Certain OCNZ annual reports are available under the NEWS tab.
OCNZ acknowledges the 2021 grant from Pub Charity that supports the printing of the Orchid 2021 Yearbook. This grant would not have been possible without venues throughout the country partnering with Pub Charity to operate the gaming machines that generate funds for such grants.