The OCNZ proposes a weekend at Iwitahi Reserve on the 5th to 6th of December, arriving on Friday the 4th, PM. At this time of the year, most of the native orchids will be in flower.
Friday, 4 December, PM Welcome and catch up, free discussion
Saturday, 5 December, AM Guided tour of reserve
Saturday, 5 December, PM Explore area with working bee to tidy up.
Evening discussion and slide presentation.
Sunday, 6 December, AM Reserve working bee
Sunday, 6 December, PM Depart for home
Catered Friday: Dinner
Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sunday: Breakfast, Lunch
Accommodation and food costs approxiately $90 per person. This may be reduced depending on final numbers.
To book your bunk for a fun weekend, contact Bill Liddy.
Iwitahi Native orchid reserve on State Highway 5, Napier-Taupo Highway. For more information, see Iwitahi Native Orchid Reserve.
Accommodation at Sika Lodge
The lodge can accommodate about 32 people. These are bunks and you supply your own bedding, etc.
• 3 × 8 bunk with heater in each room.
• 4 × 2 bunk (2 beds bottom double with single above) with heater in each room.
• 1 lounge with heater and fireplace (wood supplied), TV, etc.
• 1 kitchen with all utensils supplied, fridge and freezer.
• Toilets and shower rooms.
• 1 Wash house, washing machine and drier plus freezer.
Directions to Sika Lodge
27Km East of Taupo turn right off SH5 (Napier-Taupo Road) into Taharua Rd.
Follow for 9.5Km then turn right into Clements Mill Road.
Note: Location on map is only approximate